domingo, 31 de mayo de 2009

My favourite subject

Until now, my favourite subject is Anthropology I. Although we have to do many works and the teacher's assistant is very demanding, I think I learn a lot doing all the works. I liked the last one, because we had to do field work. It was very interesting because we could live, on a little way, how is to work like an anthropologist.

This subject is teached by Daniel Quiroz. I like it very much, because I think he's a great teacher. He know's a lot and he's not interested on the marks. His objective is that we learn. He answers any question and teache's the topics as clear as he can.

This semester, we have learnt how to write an essay. In my opinion, it's not and easy job. You must think a lot and argument all your ideas. In my case, it's not something I can do from one day to another. I like writting them. Now we have to write one about anthropology and ethic, and I'll do my best.

On this semester we had read a lot of books too, and some of them were very interesting. Others, quite boring, but we have learned a lot.

Well, that's all for now...see you on class

BYE!

2 comentarios:

  1. I also think that Daniel Quiroz is a good teacher.
    I have some fun in him classes and the themes are very interesting

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Francisca,
    Next semester you will have to write an essay in English, so I hope you learn something new that will help you in your other subjects.
    Please read carefully:
    (a) I’ve noticed you have problems using prepositions ‘in’ and ‘on’. Please visit:
    http://esl.about.com/library/grammar/blgr_prep1.htm
    http://www.englisch-hilfen.de/en/grammar/preposition_in_at_on.htm

    (b) ‘work’ is uncountable, so you can say: I’ve got many tasks/many pieces of work/ so much work to do.
    (c) compare:
    • Work like / work as : My mom is a teacher but she works as a secretary, she really works like dog. / He’s rich but lives as if he were poor. He looks like a beggar.
    • The instructions are as clear as water – He is as quick as a bullet (Here we are decribing the instructions and a man) / Answer this as clearly as possible – He runs as quickly as a cheetah. (here we are describing actions, verbs)
    • To argue / an argument: When you argue you give arguments.

    My favourite subject
    Until now my favourite subject is Anthropology I. Although we have to do many TASKS/PIECES OF WORK and the teacher's assistant is very demanding -I think I learn a lot (BY) doing all the tasks. I liked the last one, because we had to do field work. It was very interesting because we could live, In a little way/TO A CERTAIN EXTENT, WHAT to work AS an anthropologist IS LIKE.

    This subject is tAUGHT by Daniel Quiroz. I like it very much, because I think he's a great teacher. He knoWS a lot and he's not interested In the marks. His objective is that we learn. He answers any question WE ASK and teacHES the topics as clearLY as he can.

    This semester, we have learnt how to write an essay. In my opinion, it's not an(/) easy job. You must think a lot and ARGUE all your ideas. In my case, it's not something I can do from one day to another. I like writting them. Now we have to write one about anthropology and ethicS, and I'll do my best.

    THIS semester we hAVE read a lot of books too, and some of them were very interesting. Others, quite boring, but we have learned a lot.

    Well, that's all for now...see you In class

    ResponderEliminar