lunes, 11 de mayo de 2009

The best in my area


Hi everyone! today I'm going to talk about my favourite anthropologist. He's name was PierreClastres, a french man. He was ethnographer too, and he is best known for his fieldwork among de Guayaki in Paraguay. We read his work for our Anthropology class, and I liked it very much. I think it's a very interesting work, because it shows the life of de Guayaki comunity from their ownperspective. It was a big work. He lived with those people for about nine months, and he wrote allthat he saw on a diary. He also took records with a recorder, and he learned their language. On his book he makes us realizes about the ethnocide caused by "civilized" societies that disregard any kind of different living. He shows us the difficult life of communities that are not like us, the Occidental society, and how we are, indirectly, killing them. I like it because he's very intelligent and he has wrote lote of things wich are very important nowdays, and makes us understand our world and open our eyes. That makes him the best. He has another work about political anthropology wich it's very interesting too, and I share most of his opinions. I hope we read more of his books. He's my hero, and I want to be like him, a great anthropology wich loved what the did.

3 comentarios:

  1. You make a little mistake typing, you wrote "..of things wich are.." instead "...of things which are..". I thing you wrote very good in english, but I have the impression you write your posts very fast so you make some errors when you wrote, but it's not because you don't know how it write but it's for the reason I wrote before.
    See you in class!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Francisca,
    Excelent post , and very clearly written.
    Would you consider spending a long time in the jungle to do some research?

    Please study the following
    Compare:
    • He's my friend / His name is Jack
    • he wrote /he has written - she spoke / she has spoken – I went to / I´ve been to
    • for our class (especially done for us) / in our class (as part of our studies)

    The best in my area
    Hi everyone! today I'm going to talk about my favourite anthropologist. HIS name was PierreClastres, a French man. He was A ethnographer too, and he is best known for his fieldwork among de Guayaki in Paraguay. We read ABOUT his work IN our Anthropology class, and I liked it very much. I think it's a very interesting work, because it shows the life of THe Guayaki comunity from their own perspective. It was a big work. He lived with those people for about nine months, and he wrote all that he saw In a diary. He also took records with a recorder, and he learned their language. In his book he makes us realize(/) about the ethnocide caused by "civilized" societies that disregard any kind of different living BEING. He shows us the difficult life of communities that are not like us, the Occidental society, and how we are, indirectly, killing them. I like it because he's very intelligent and he has wrITTEN A lot of things wich are very important nowdays, and makes us understand our world and open our eyes. That makes him the best. He has another work about political anthropology wich IS very interesting too, and I share most of his opinions. I hope we read more of his books. He's my hero, and I want to be like him, a great anthropology wich loved what HE did.

    ResponderEliminar